Cloud solutions unlock new levels of business flexibility and reducing fixed IT costs by offering on-demand and “as-needed” services. Edvantis helps organizations of all sizes apply cloud solutions to optimize their existing processes, develop new products and services and create new business models.
Web-based applications are the natural choice for either development a new cloud-native application or migrating existing applications to the cloud.
To minimize time to market many clients prefer building cloud-native applications from the ground-up. Cloud-native development requires certain shifts in the ways the application is architected. Often the application is decoupled into a set of modules that can be operated semi-independently in a manner that allows flexible on-demand scaling only certain parts of the whole system based on the observed load.
An important benefit of such approach is the ability to utilize ready-made cloud services offered by infrastructure vendors and thus save significant resources vs developing these parts in-house.
Edvantis has experience building both IaaS and PaaS-based native cloud applications.
Many legacy non-cloud-native applications can be migrated to the cloud. Edvantis has a 4-stage process to help our clients realize most of cloud computing benefits for existing and legacy on-premise applications.
- Audit: we analyze the application architecture. Run benchmarks, identify performance and scalability bottlenecks
- Migrate: we create and execute migration strategy for a cloud provider of choice
- Optimize: we perform application and infrastructure tuning based on the real data and metrics
- Maintain: we operate the application on the platform. Setup and manage continuous delivery and high-availability.
Edvantis engineers are experts in the leading cloud platforms, such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, RedHat Openshift, OpenStack, Heroku, Salesforce, and most current technologies and tools, in particular:
- Core technologies: Java, Microsoft .NET
- Application servers: Apache Tomcat, Netty, JBoss, MS IIS
- Orchestration: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, CFEngine
- CI: TFS, Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, TravisCI
- Containerization: Docker, LXD, Rkt
- QA Automation: SilkTest, TestComplete, Selenium
- Monitoring: New Relic, AppDynamics, Sysdig
- Web-based development: responsive UI/UX, HTML5/CSS3/jQuery, RoR. PHP, Python, GWT, YUI, ASP.Net, Flash/Flex. Silverlight