Edvantis helped a Software as a service (SaaS) ecommerce platform modernize their legacy architecture, deliver superior service levels, and delight their 60,000+ clients with advanced product functionality
The client was ready for a major new step in their product development journey. After adding a new application to their portfolio through a tech acquisition, they were seeking an experienced software development team to improve the existing product.
- Ensure regular maintenance of several existing applications
- Improve customer satisfaction with the original system’s performance
- Adapt and migrate the legacy codebase to a new technology stack and architecture
- Outsource support for several core platform components
PHP, MySQL, AngularJS
Edvantis provided the client with a right-sized and right-skilled engineering team during the aggressive initial product roadmap implementation stage. Later, we took on the additional responsibility of integrating third-party payments into the platform.
“They were subject to the KPIs we use to measure our internal team performance. They have a strong work ethic, they were committed to the deliverables, and they took it very seriously. If we didn’t acquire an internal team, we’d still be working with them. I’m always happy to recommend them and would like to work with them again.”Robert Alvarez, Formerly CFO & COO of BigCommerce
Three separate Edvantis teams worked on the project for more than four years, alongside in-house resources. At different stages of the project, between 30 and 50 software developers and quality assurance (QA) engineers contributed to several of the client’s projects, from modernizing legacy software modernization to new ecommerce feature deployments.
During Our Partnership, We Performed:
- Code updates and migration of the company’s core product components to a modern tech stack. The components were related to customer management, product management, and big data analytics.
- End-to-end back-office internalization and localization to Chinese, Ukrainian and French languages — from technical architecture design to complete implementation that also included collaboration with third-party translation companies.
- Development of a new application that allowed the client to replace third-party products with native app features.
Every team successfully adjusted to the rapid pace of delivery suggested by the client’s SDLC and based on continuous delivery (CD). Despite the demanding environment and rapid time-to-market, Edvanits engineers remained fully-integrated with the in-house team. Our people love to be challenged!
With the help of Edvantis engineers, the client managed to deploy new robust ecommerce features and attract a new cohort of international sellers to their platform. They also gained an organic and dynamic extension to their team, capable of working remotely at a high-pace while delivering stellar results!
“They want their leaders to be entrenched in our business. They never hesitated to send their team to our offices to make sure the integration project went smoothly. They were very proactive on that front. Even post-integration, they were very engaged. They also didn’t have much turnover, so they were very reliable.”Robert Alvarez, Formerly CFO & COO of BigCommerce
Edvantis set the bar for excellent IT delivery and introduced the client to the IT market in Ukraine. Our four-year partnership gave the company confidence to subsequently open a dedicated R&D center in Kyiv, Ukraine.