Who are we?
For the purposes of the data protection legislation, the data controller is Edvantis (hereunder referred to as “Edvantis”), a company registered in Ukraine, having its registered office in Lviv region, Sokilnyky, Buzkova 15 street. We have designated an EU representative, the contact details of which are the following: Edvantis GmbH, a company registered in Germany, having its registered office at Europa-Center, Tauentzienstr. 9-12, 10789 Berlin, Germany.
What data do we collect?
We collect, store and use data that is essential for giving visitors the maximum benefit from our website.
We collect the following data during your website session:
- Information you provide directly via contact forms or email messages, including your email address, phone number, name, surname, company name, job title, postal address, and other information you are willing to provide us;
- Data about your behavior on web pages during your visit and information about how you navigate the website;
- Statistics, such as particular pages you visit, number of unique website entries, the browser from which you visit the website, your screen resolution, and the platform you use.
Also, we collect your personal data in the course of our marketing activity and communication of our services. For marketing purposes your data will be stored in our CRM system. In addition, we may use your personal data for secondary purposes closely related to the aforementioned purposes, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use.
In the course of our marketing and recruitment activities, for communicating our services and business development we may collect the following data:
- Information collected from you or third parties, including your email address, phone number, name, surname, company name, job title, postal address etc.
- Information you provide to us when using the services or information which is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use).
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through this website (including correspondence with us, communication content and metadata associated with communication).
- Information you provide to participate in Edvantis events, live, or web conferences.
- Any other personal data that you decided to share with us.
The above-mentioned data is collected on the base of your consent or other legal basis presented bellow and in compliance with applicable laws, along with required filings with data protection authorities, where required. You can send your consent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edvantis does not intentionally collect any sensitive data about you.
How do we process this data?
We will only process your data in the following manner:
- Lawfully, fairly, and transparently;
- Only for the purpose stated at the time of collection;
- Only personal data that is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary for the stated purpose will be collected;
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any personal data you provide is accurate at the time of the collection. If there are changes to the personal data, we will take reasonable action to ensure the data remains accurate;
- Your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary for the stated purpose except for statistical reasons, in which case appropriate technical and organizational measures will be implemented to safeguard your data;
- We will process your data in a manner that ensures security using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
We will use your data on the following legal basis:
- Legitimate interest;
- Other legal basis, e.g. to enter a contract with you.
Personal data processed by Edvantis is not subject to profiling and automated decision-making.
How long will we retain your data?
Who will we share your data with?
We may disclose your data to the following categories of recipients:
- Our affiliates or subsidiaries, which may help us to process it. As well, we may disclose your data to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf, such as website management, hosting, technical support, and marketing analytics providers. We will make sure that they treat your data with the same level of protection as we do;
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court, or other third party in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, a court order, or another legal process;
- Any other person with your consent to disclosure.
What are your rights?
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. You have the right to object to certain types of processing, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time insofar as that processing takes place for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. We will be allowed to continue to process your personal information if we can demonstrate “compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms” or we need this for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
The right to restrict processing. You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal information when we are assessing a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further.
The right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’). You have a right to be forgotten. If you do not agree with the collection or use of your personal information as outlined in this policy and you want us to delete your data, please email us at email@example.com. However, we may not be able to fully comply with your request if there are other lawful reasons for us to process your data such as a legal obligation.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Edvantis relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests and we reserve the right to charge a fee (if permitted by law), especially if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavor to respond to your request within all the applicable timeframes.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Where is your data processed?
Processing personal data of job applicants
As part of any recruitment process, Edvantis collects and processes personal data provided directly by job applicants, their referees, and recruitment companies working on our behalf. We are committed to being transparent about how the data is collected and used in compliance with our data protection obligations.
Types of personal data we collect
Edvantis collects a range of information about you that includes:
- Name, address, and contact details, such as email address, telephone number, skype, and links to social network profiles;
- Details of qualifications, skills, experience, and employment history;
- Information about the current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- Information about your entitlement to work in the EU, if required by our clients.
Edvantis may collect personal data in a variety of ways. For example, data may be extracted from application forms, CVs (resumes), or through interviews, or other means of assessment. Personal data is stored in our Applicant Tracking System and exported to other IT systems. If you are invited to Edvantis for an interview, please be aware that for security reasons our premises are under video surveillance. We may collect images caught on camera.
Purpose of processing
Given the nature of our HR and recruiting activities, we need to process data in order to collaborate with you on possible job opportunities. Edvantis has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for recordkeeping purposes. Processing data of job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess, and confirm suitability for employment. Provided your application is unsuccessful, Edvantis will inform you and delete your personal data from all proprietary storages. However, if you give separate consent, Edvantis may keep your personal data on file for future prospective employment opportunities.
You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Recipients of personal data
For the purposes of recruitment, we may share your personal data, including the data stored in our Applicant Tracking System, with affiliates, existing, and prospective clients of Edvantis. In this case, you will be informed separately.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. After an unsuccessful application, we will aim to keep some or all of your personal data to the extent we need to for a period of 6 months after the last activity to consider you as a potential candidate for other vacancies, unless we are required to keep your data for a longer period by applicable law.
What about Cookies?
Cookies will typically be placed on your computer or internet-enabled device whenever you visit us online. This allows the website to remember your computer or device and serve a number of purposes.
On our website, a notification banner will appear allowing you to manage your consent to collect cookies (cookie banner). Below is a summary of the categories of cookies collected on our website, and how your consent may impact your experience of certain features as you navigate those websites:
- Strictly necessary cookies. Strictly necessary cookies are essential for enabling users to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. These cookies must be enabled or the site will not function, and cannot be blocked.
- Performance of cookies. Performance cookies are cookies used to gather data to enhance the performance of a website. You can manage your consent for performance cookies using the cookie banner, or by updating your browser’s settings (often found in your browser’s Tools or Preferences menu) to not accept cookies.
- Functionality cookies. Functionality cookies are used to remember customer selections that change the way the site behaves or looks. You may opt-out of these cookies, but it will impact your experience on the website, and you may need to repeat certain selections each time you visit. You can manage your consent for functionality cookies using the cookie banner, or by updating your browser’s settings (often found in your browser’s Tools or Preferences menu) to not accept cookies.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies. Targeting cookies are used to deliver content relevant to your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see certain marketing materials, as well as help measure the effectiveness of those marketing materials. If you do not provide consent for targeting cookies, your computer or internet-enabled device will not be tracked for marketing-related activities. You can manage your consent for targeting cookies using the cookie banner, or by updating your browser’s settings (often found in your browser’s Tools or Preferences menu) to not accept cookies.
Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can choose whether to accept cookies via the cookie consent banner or your browser’s settings (often found in your browser’s Tools or Preferences menu). If you wish to revoke your selection, you may do so by clearing your browser’s cookies, or by updating your preferences in the cookie banner.
Further information about managing cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through sites such as www.allaboutcookies.org.
No information may be submitted to Edvantis via the website by persons, who are minors under their applicable local legislation. In the event you are a minor or younger than legal age in your country, you will need consent from your parent(s) or other legal guardians before submitting any information to Edvantis via the website, with the exception if such activities are allowed by the applicable law of your country.
Edvantis is ISO-27001 certified. We endeavor to use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data which is transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed by us, from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access.
The website may contain links to third-party sites. Since Edvantis does not control nor is responsible for the privacy practices of those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party sites. This Policy applies solely to personal data collected by our website or in the course of our business activities.