In August 2023, Edvantis received certification from TÜV SÜD Management Service for ISO/IEC 27001:2013 — an internationally recognized standard for managing information security for consulting and software engineering services for high-tech industries.
What is ISO/IEC 27001:2013?
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is a standard that specifies the main principles of information security management within organizations. By setting forth requirements, this standard ensures that the organization adheres to the provisioned best practices for implementing, maintaining, and continuously improving its information security management systems (ISMSs). The certification is an independent confirmation of Edvantis’ reliability and effectiveness in terms of security.
Edvantis received certification from TÜV SÜD America Inc. – a subsidiary of TÜV SÜD AG (Munich, Germany). Since 1990, TÜV SÜD America has offered testing, inspection, certification, training, and certification to various industries.
According to the requirements, TÜV SÜD performed the audit in three stages:
- Stage 1: A preliminary review of the current company’s information security policy, Statement of Applicability (SoA), and Risk Treatment Plan (RTP).
- Stage 2: A formal compliance audit that included independent testing against the certification requirement. The auditors confirmed that our management systems were adequately designed and implemented per the standard’s requirements.
- Stage 3 (ongoing): ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is valid for three years. Still, during that period, Edvantis will be due for a follow-up reassessment that will confirm our conformance with the set standards to ensure that our ISMS operates as specified.
What ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification Means for Our Clients
Edvantis has a solid commitment to operational excellence at every level. The new certification serves as proof of our abilities to manage the security risks of the information we hold:
- Ensure the privacy and security of client and corporate information
- Efficiently identify and mitigate information security risks
- Achieve compliance with EU GDPR requirements
As a client, you gain extra reassurance that we can be entrusted with sensitive information during the collaboration and ensure its utmost security!